Heart & Cardiology/ECG

Question
Dear Dr Richardson,

I am concerned regarding a recent ecg - a friend kindly referred me to your site.

About a year ago, I developed Left Anterior Hemiblock. There were no other problems other than some white coat hypertension.

I have read your previous responses - i.e. that it is benign. However I stupidly googled it and found that a new study questions whether this is the case. Here is a link on the report.

http://www.todaytopics.com/electrocardiographic-abnormality-associated-with-incr

Could you please give me your thoughts on this? I am 32, fairly fit.

Thanks so much,
David

Answer
Hello David,

Thanks for the excellent reference.  I'll consider it at length.  Note the small increase in events in the group with LAFB over those without.  I'll await other studies.  At present I'm not convinced that LAFB carries extra risk.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson