Heart & Cardiology/echo cardiogardiogram

can you comment on the summary of my recent echo. I'm a 65 yo female in I thought good health.
1.Left ventricular cavity size is normal
2. normal left vetricular function
3.LFE of 55-60%
4.pseudonormal pattern of LV diastolic filling
5.normal LA volume index of 18cc/m2
6.mild mitral annular calcification
7.trace mitral regurgitation
8.aortic valve is sclerotic
9.mild tricuspid regurgitation
10.mild pulmonary hypertension with RVSP of 36.4 mmHg

Hello Julie,

4. Means your hear relaxes and fills well.
6. annular means the area around the base of the valve.  Mild calcification is very common.  At least 50% of us have it.
7 & 9.  Mild regurgitation (leak) is normal. The valve leaks a little before the leaflets close after contraction of the ventricles pumps a little blood through the valve.
8. The leaflets of your aortic valve are thickened a little.  This will not cause any trouble.
10.  Pulmonary hypertension means the blood pressure in the artery leading to the lungs is a little high.  Normal is up to 35.  This will not be a problem either.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.