Heart & Cardiology/Fear of Cardiac Arrest

I am really fearful of having a sudden cardiac arrest at some point in the future. All this happened because, last year, I experienced a burning sensation in my left chest. Another one happened the following week and I had an ECG test done to me, which showed that everything was normal (according to my cardiologist). However, I was on a nearly constant panic about my heart.

As to not waste your time, I will not list the things that happened to me this year and last year. Let's just say that I have some bouts of "panic attacks" (as told by my doctors) and lots of tests (including another ECG) which came back normal.

So my question is, is it possible for me to suffer from a sudden cardiac arrest? This is because my heart is constantly at 90bpm even while I'm sitting (and even today while I'm writing this question) and when I'm walking for short distances, my heart rate climbs to 120bpm. I haven't determined my resting heart rate since I always forget to do so.

Should I take another series of tests to determine any heart problems? So far I've taken 2 ECGs and 4 Blood Tests. All were normal. Visited 5 doctors, all of which told me that I was healthy. Though, only two of them has shown genuine concern towards me.

Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110lbs.
Blood Pressure: (last week) 90/70
Medicines Taking: Amisulpride, Escitalopram (anti-depressants, as prescribed by my Psychiatrist)

Hello Prinz,

Nothing about heart rate 90 to 120 is at all alarming.  You are not at risk of cardiac arrest or any heart trouble.  Perhaps the medicines make your heart rate a little faster than usual.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.