Heart & Cardiology/nsvt vpc and diabetic medicines

sir age 53 height 5.7 diabetes moderate level  around 200to 250 if diet control failed. metformin is not working  because cont since 8 years acerbose and voglibose create digestive problem with stomac upset now compel to take Sulfonylureas the question is that which drug-glimepiride 1 mg or Gliclazide  30 mg  film coated or dpp 4  is better in my case of vpc-heart rythem -undignostic( Echoo and trademil normaleventhough frequent vpc) problem???

Hello MR,

So far as the VPCs are concerned, any diabetes medicine is all right since you have a normal echo and treadmill.  I'm not competent to advise which of those 2 is better for the diabetes.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.