Heart & Cardiology/revascularization

Question
Hi Dr. Richardson
I am  52- year old mail patient with a pmhs of HTN, dyslipidemia underwent a stress test secondary to dyspnea: ran 10 mins, no c/p, with mild ECG change.
LV Angio : normal size and function with an estimated ejection fraction of 60%
L Main: Angiographically normal
LAD: Proximal LAD bifurcates into 2 LADs: first one has an 80% stenosis and is occluded distally after that with left to left collaterals from its diagonal branch. Other branch gives septal branches and almost reaches APEx
CX and OM: mild mild disease, at the very distal OM2 there is a 90% stenosis with a small distribution distally.
RCA: Co- dominant, mild proximal disease, moderate distal disease, 90% proximal PDA

Please advice me is revascularization is the solution to my problems?

Answer
Hello Mahed,

The indication for revascularization is chest pain you don't want to put up with.  Medical treatment with aspirin, a statin and a beta blocker is as effective in preventing heart attack and cardiac death as is revascularization.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson