Heart & Cardiology/follow up

Hi doc

I'm sure you remember me history of Panic attacks controlled and unexplained pvcs etc 25 yeaars of age male

I just wanted to let you know I got the holter back and its normal but I did feel ectopics. I don't know if they found any. My concern is that my pvcs come about during times of anxiety. My quality of life is very bad now. I can't board a plane because even though the doctor tells me its fine I can't understand how he can say that when he hasn't even documented a pvcs. He told me I can take a cardio selective beta blocker what's your thoughts? Will it supress anxiety induced PVCS? I do have an anxiety problem but it only pops up when I get these pvcs. Will a beta blocker be something to consider given my history I don't like medicine for anxiety but if a beta blocker may improve my quality of life why not? I have allergic asthma that's why he mentioned a cardio selective beta blocker he's not very much for it but given the fact that my anxiety starts because of it he is considering it!

Remember that PVCs are harmless.  Premature beats are normal heart activity, easy to understand as normal from knowledge of the heart's electrical system and occurring in about half of us.  They don't mean you have heart disease or will in the future develop heart disease or any cardiac catastrophe. Doesn't matter that they are not documented.

Beta blockers reduce PVCs in some people, and are pretty good for anxiety too.  I think a cardio-selective beta blocker may improve your quality of life.

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.