Heart & Cardiology/Heart?

I recently had a 2d echo ultrasound, and that was normal. I had a halter for 24 hrs, and that found nothing. I had a blood cholesterol test, and it showed normal bad cholesterol and lower than normal good cholesterol. I was wondering, with these results would this show that there is no blockage in the heart? *I realize you cannot diagnose and I am not asking as a patient, but merely asking this as to find out possible answer.

Hello Dustin,

None of those tests would show blockage of the coronary arteries that supply blood to your heart.  They do show that you have no blockage in the electrical circuits.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.