Heart & Cardiology/More details about my NSVT story

Hello Dr Richardson,

I hope you can remember my first post here ( )about one episode of nsVT on my holter, because of which I ahd totally freaked out. Well, lately I have spend some time analyzing this holter (my first holter), I have focused on frequency of my VPCs regarding the moment of day, and my level of emotions (tha was quite emotional day btw).

So, here it is:
"Time"  "Day"  "Number of VPC"
16:31     1         5
17:00     1         5
18:00     1         2
19:00     1         14
20:00     1         27  (+V-Tach 11 beats 161 bpm)
21:00     1         18
22:00     1         19
23:00     1         5
00:00     1         6
01:00     2         4
02:00     2         2
08:00     2         1
11:00     2         2
12:00     2         4
13:00     2         3
14:00     2         1

I remember this this day very well, it was a very stressful one. I was waitng for important call at the evening as you can see on the numbers - the closer was time of call the more pvcs I had which has ended in v-tach. It really concerns me that my body reacts on stress in this way. I have got some questions to you:

1. Does it mean that I may suffer from CPVT? As I know its symptoms may show during high level of emotional stress...

2. Later I had got two holter monitors - first one was totally clear (just one PAC and zero PVC) on the second 80 pvcs with couple of bigeminy epioseds which I felt very clearly - should I be encoured, that none of it showed V-tach?

3. I am concerned that my v-tach episode showed parallel with small amount of pvcs (there was only 118 of it). I have read bout people, who has thousands of pvcs and not a single v-tach episodes. Can number of vtach episodes/number pvs ratio be significant in some way?

4. As I read other stories of people with normal echo and ecg who has been diagnosed with nsVT, their number of vtach beats was 3 to 7 mainly - mine was 11 beats. Does it means anything?

5. I have already had echo, ecg, 3 holter monitors, blood pressure holter, blood examinatios, chest x-ray. I am reffered for EP-study. I am wondering - do I need it? If I do - if they wouldn't be able to reproduce any v-tach to ablate - would it be good news for me?

6. I have make a decision to start living in more healthy way. I would like to start running 2-3 times a week. Is it safe for me as well as other forms of excercise?

7. I you were my cardiologist, would you reffer me to stress test study? I am wondering why I didn't have any so far...

8. As I mentioned I started to suffer from some nasty bigeminy runs. I feel them quite clear and sometimes it makes me feel shortness of breath (I know it is bigeminy, as one of my holter has showed it). Is it serious condition?

9. All of my hearth rhythm troubles started 2-3 months ago. Before, through over 26 years of my life I haven't had any - just felt few pvcs from time to time. Does it happen to young healthly people that those things just come and go away?

I am really grateful for your help and shared knowledge which I need so much.

Hello Jakub,

1, I don't know what CPVT stands for.
2 Yes, encouraged.
3. The ratio of Vtach/Number of PVcs has no significance that I know of.
4. No, 11 beats has no special significance as compared to 7 or 3.
5. I'm opposed to EP study for you.  Not needed in my opinion.  Yes, if vtach could not be induced, that would be good news.
6. Yes, exercise usually reduces PVCs.
7. No, I would not.
8. No, bigeminy is not serious.
9. Yes, those things just come and go.

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson

Adult heart function and disease. Not very good about children lesss than 12. Hypertension is o.k. Heart rhythm a special interest.

Certified in cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Was chairman of division of cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Am now mostly retired.

Fellow of American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology and member of American Physiological Society..

Circulation, American Heart Journal, Hypertension.

M.D. from Harvard Medical School. Residency training at Yale Uhniversity School of Medicine and Medical College of Virginia.

Gold Heartt Award from American Heart Association in 1995.