Heart & Cardiology/Pericarditis

Question
I had a pericardial effusion drained 3 weeks ago and was diagnosed with chronic and acute pericarditis due to the results of a tissue biopsy.  Prior to 6 weeks ago my average pulse rate was 74-78.   My puls rate has been 94-99 since the onset of the effusion. Even though I had a window, my pulse is still in the 90 s and I continue to have intermittent winded sensation, sharp pain under the left breast  and dizziness.  I have been taking indocine and colchicine since having the window. How concerned should I be?

Answer
Mildly concerned, Amy, because the pain persists.  But I don't know anything to do to stop the pain and winded feeling, except wait.  I'm very sorry you've had so much trouble and hope it will all go away soon.

Please write back if this note doesn’t answer all your questions.

David Richardson

Heart & Cardiology

David Richardson