Heart & Cardiology/RE: Lack of Oxygen in Bottom of Heart

I am 71 yrs. old, had quadruple bypass  March 1st, 2003, I am taking Plavix, metroprlol, lipitor,  and one low dose aspirin a day.  I am 6'0" and weigh 210 and I am a male.  My blood pressure has been good, 107/60.  I just had a stress test July 8th and 9th, 2013 and was told July 16, 2013 that the pictures showed a lack of oxygen at the bottom of my heart and I am being scheduled for a heart catherization or CAT scan for October 15, 2013.  What are they looking for? and what will need to be done afterwards to correct the problem after they find the reason for it?  Would a stent or medication Isosorbide MN ER 30mg be suitable for treatment.  I will be waiting for an answer.  Thank you.

Hi Luther,
The tests show you may have a new or recurrent blockage in your coronary arteries, or that one or more bypass grafts have failed. What treatment is needed depends on the outcome of this test.
Read more here:
Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon