Heart & Cardiology/flipped T waves

"Hi. I am a 43yr old female. I went in to an urgent care center 3 days ago after experiencing some really bad dizzy spells and headache. I have also been having problems with my ears. They did flush out my ears because of wax build up. They did an ekg because I do have high blood pressure. I am currently taking Bystolic and Hydrochlorothiazide for it. I was told they thought my symptoms were just vertigo I was experiencing and was prescribed Meclizine for vertigo and naproxen for the headache. I was also told my EKG was abnormal and that I should make an appointment with a cardiologist to follow up. I was given a copy and it said I had flipped T waves. It also said said inferior infarct of the heart should  be considered.  I have been experiencing the dizziness since. I really can't function at all. Last night I had a really bad dizzy spell along with nausea and just generally felt really bad. I had discomfort from my waist up that's just hard to explain. I laid down and waited for it to pass. It lasted a good half hour then it didn't go away completely but I was able to fall asleep.  I have a long history of uncontrollable high blood pressure and heart disease does run very strong on my dads side. My grandfather died due to heart attack, 2 of my uncles have undergone several bypass surgeries and my dad had 6 bypasses done several years ago. I will be making an appointment with my cardiologist today but I a just really stressed thinking my symptoms could be something more serious than just vertigo. I would appreciate it if you could give me any information that would help calm my nerves a little. Thank you"

Hi Debbie,
Go see a cardiologist! You need to be evaluated for coronary artery disease, your symptoms and cardiac risks suggest you do this ASAP:
Read this:
Don't wait. Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon