Heart & Cardiology/SVT

I am 48 yr old female. BP 110/65 on most days. I haev had an echo ( Normal ) Stress 2 yrs ago ( Normal ) and holter wich only showed rare pvc and pac.
My question is last year i first had an episode from what i think is svt. It starts out of no where and stops after a few seconds - minutes. I was able to see rate was 172. No other symptoms. I have noticed that for some reason it seems to happen more when i bend over or change positions. Scares the crap out of me. I have thought of going to hospital for it stops before i even get close. I do have anxiety. Can you offer any advice. Should I see another cardiologist ? kinda tired of running to doctors. This Happens approx. 1 time weekly. It had been a year in between first time and now. Do hormones play any role in this ? Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Hi Lise,
Read this:
While palpitations are usually harmless, this doesn't mean that they should be ignored. Your doctor should evaluate any new or recurrent irregular heartbeats to rule out any abnormalities, especially when these palpitations are linked to a shortness of breath, dizziness or chest discomfort.
I'd ask your doctor to check you out again, even your palpitations may well be associated with menopause.
Hope this helps you,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon