Heart & Cardiology/pvcs

I am 27 years old.  I have had a million tests done since the age of about 10.  I have a history of serious anxiety.  I also have a major addiction to sweets and chocolate.

In 2006 I had an ablation done due to random bouts of tachycardia& they found my 'wire' that tells my heart when to beat....there were over a hundred.  The surgery took over 8 hours. Doctors told me everything went well and due to the complexity I may regain issues in the future.

Now,  2 pregnancies later,  I experience pvcs. sometimes ill go Weeks without feeling them and then consistenly I will.  I have mitral valve prolapase with very minor regurgitation.  However I get lots of pain in my chest and back area, which I think is musculoskeletal wince ive had it on and off since my son was born 2 years ago. I also developed GERD which could be part of it.

lately I cannot exercise without the pvcs acting up immensely,  & I also have exercise induced asthma so that doesn't help.

Anyway, other than the chocolate I will eat very good, but am still paranoid im going tp drop dead from a heart attack. ..or that my pvcs are signaling not enough oxygen to my heart.

Any advice?

Hi Maria,
I don't know why you have increasing PVCs. You need re-evaluation by your EP doctors. If just PVCs, you may not have to worry, but your arrhythmias may include other abnormal rhythms. Ablations DO fail.
Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon