Heart & Cardiology/Anomalous Left Coronary Artery in Adults

I am a fifty year old man.  My doctor explained to me yesterday after a catheterization procedure that I have this condition.  I was told my left coronary artery originates from the right side then goes across the heart to the left side.  The doctor said that this is not really a problem as long as the artery is not being pinched.  I'm a little nervous after reading online about Anomalous Left Coronary Artery.  What are your thoughts?  Should I seek a second opinion?

Kindest Regards

Hi John,
By now you have lived your whole life w/o a problem, therefore the only risk you run is that of coronary artery disease, no different than any other person. Other than that you have nothing to worry about.
Read this:
If you ever need anything done, it is important for your doctors to know your have a different anatomy, that's all,
Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon