Heart & Cardiology/Heart rate at night

I am a 18 year old female and I am just wondering if it is normal to feel your heartbeat slightly at night when you are resting. It's not irregular. I read somewhere that it is due to the heart rate slowing and no distractions but I just wanted to check if this was accurate as a few people who I know also can feel it more at night some on their back and some on their side. You don't have to give specific medical details as such as I know you are probably not allowed to over the internet but a kind of general answer would be good.
Thanks :)

i wouldn't worry at all from the description you have given. Its actually fairly common. It sounds to me like you can feel a nice regular heart beat and you are correct its likely related to factors such as position and the ambient setting.

Hope that was helpful.  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD

Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism, Structural and Valve Disease

Board Certification Internal Medicine and Cardiology Interventional and Structural Cardiology

Multiple Publications In High Quality Peer Reviewed Journals. Internationally Recognized.

MD from The Royal Victoria University of Manchester, England Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Research Training - University of Alabama