Heart & Cardiology/chest tightness on left side

Hi I have been experiencing tightness of the chest only on the left side for about a week now.  Some times it feels much tighter than others.  I do have asthma.  I take advair 2x daily.  I did go see my primary doctor a few days ago and she upped the dosage of the advair from 100/50 to 250/100 (I think).  Could this be anything else?  I'm just a little concerned my doctor may have overlooked something.

Hi, see if you find the following links regarding chest pain helpful.

When it comes to chest pain that is related to the heart, typically it worsens with exertion and improves with rest.  It can often radiate to the jaw or the neck and is often described as a pressure sensation. it may be associated with nausea and also a sensation of breathlessness. As the links above show, there are multiple types of chest pain, some much more serious than others, which can be determined through careful history taking. Your Dr will typically be able to differentiate these and is unlikely to have overlooked a serious cause. If you are still worried you can always return for a further opinion.

Hope that was helpful.  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD

Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism, Structural and Valve Disease

Board Certification Internal Medicine and Cardiology Interventional and Structural Cardiology

Multiple Publications In High Quality Peer Reviewed Journals. Internationally Recognized.

MD from The Royal Victoria University of Manchester, England Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Research Training - University of Alabama