Heart & Cardiology/T wave inversions Leads I, III and anterior leads

Hi, I am just looking for answers regarding abnormal ECGs showing T wave inversions in leads I, III and anterior leads and what this signifies.  History: female, early 40s, (had hysterectomy at young age, on oestrogen therapy) non- smoker, slightly overweight, high cholesterol level. history of chest pain/tightness on exertion and sometimes at rest/breathlessness/discomfort in left axilla and left arm.  Echocardiogram and coronary angiogram normal.

Any opinions gratefully received.

T-wave inversions can range from a serious condition such as a heart attack due to coronary artery disease (CAD). Assuming you are otherwise healthy, it is VERY unlikely you have had an MI or other major cardiac event and not know about it.
Enlargement of the left atrium of the heart can be caused by a myriad of different disorders that include high blood pressure, obesity or a valve problem to name a few. This is why you need to talk to the doctor who gave you the test, so that he can interpret the results in context with other findings. Otherwise healthy people may have a right bundle branch block and it does not appear to cause any harm. Benign cardiac causes may include a Right Bundle Branch Block (RBBB) or  Juvenile T-wave inversions that may appear in V1, V2, and V3 and can continue into adulthood in some patients.You can also read more about the combination of Left atrial enlargement and RBBB.
Read this:

Thus, you need to talk to your doctor!

Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon