Heart & Cardiology/heart or not

Question
30 male
history of lone afib and sinus tachy
I take atenenol 100 mg daily
crestor 5mg and norvasic 2.5 mg daily

latley i have been getting a burning sensation in my center chest it comes and goes . I also get very scared thinking i am going to have a heart attack and I cant seem to stop thinking this will be it.

I have had a full cardiac work up including a cardiac CT in april of 2014 , my calcium score was a 4 .

should I worry that this is a heart problem or something else?

Answer

The good news is that you had a cardiac work up in the past that was essentially normal. If the symptoms have changed since that time i recommend that you get checked out again even if simply for reassurance. Its difficult to tell you a definitive answer without taking a full history and physical.

Hope that was helpful,  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD