Heart & Cardiology/mild hemorrhagic stroke
My mother, 82, suffered a mild hemorrhagic stroke affecting right hand and leg. Doctors expect rehab will restore complete function. She takes no medications, healthy eating, walks, and supplement regimen.
1.Is it true that blood thinning supplements may be the cause? She takes Vit E 800-1200iudaily; hawthorn berry; Omega 3 oil; ginger?
2. Does vit E increase the risk of hemorrhagic stroke? Several websites claim it does.
3. Her blood pressure she takes daily has been averaging in 140s. Could a one time spike in 200s cause hemorrhagic stroke?
4. Or does a hemorrhagic stroke in itself raise the blood pressure so high?
5. Echo shows aortic stenosis, but she is asymptomatic. Could the stenosis have caused it?
6. Can there be full recovery?
I don't think any of the issues you mentioned were related to your mother's hemorrhagic stroke. Please read this:
Aortic stenosis can be associated with stroke, but this kind.
Hope this helps,