Heart & Cardiology/mitral regurgitation echo repeat test

Dr. hi thanks for service.  I was diagnosed 20 yrs ago with Hashimoto thyroid and Mvp/mitral regurgitation  +1. I have checked it few times in an echo it showed no regurgitation at all.  Last one I had was 2.5 yrs ago which again showed +1. I have had 3 kids one by c section plus myomectomy when I was 35 now I am 39. Had X-ray and ekg last May I was at hospital for ear deafness. I do trx training 3 times a week climb stairs everyday I live on 2nd floor. My BP is 10/7 or 11/7 pulse mid high 60s . Low ldl high Hdl(79) and 40 triglycerides.  When should I do a repeat echo???

If you only have mild regurgitation (1+) and it has been stable for years you don't necessarily need a repeat echocardiogram. Periodically its reasonable to attend regular check ups and if you develop a murmur or symptoms of fatigue, shortness of breath etc. then it would be worth considering repeat at that time only.

Hope that was helpful,  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD

Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism, Structural and Valve Disease

Board Certification Internal Medicine and Cardiology Interventional and Structural Cardiology

Multiple Publications In High Quality Peer Reviewed Journals. Internationally Recognized.

MD from The Royal Victoria University of Manchester, England Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Research Training - University of Alabama