Heart & Cardiology/CAD and Ear Crease

I have noticed I am starting to get a crease in my right ear.   Some days it appears more defined that others.  I had a nuclear stress test in 8/2013 and a Calcium score as well in 8/2013.  The nuclear test was good and the calcium score was zero.  I am a 45 year old male.  Could there have been a significant change in that period of time that would signal a heart disease issue?  Is the ear crease something I need to be worried about?  My cholesterol level was above normal but not in a high range.  My blood pressure is typically 120 over 80 range.  I am considered in the pre-diabetic range but not diabetic at this time.

Hi, http://myheart.net/articles/earlobe-crease-and-heart-disease-fact-or-myth/

Take a read of the article i wrote above talking about the creases. In summary, even though you have a crease, and it can be a marker of heart disease, you have had much more sensitive tests such as the calcium score and a nuclear scan that have placed you at a low risk category. The best thing you can do is life a good lifestyle, exercise, avoid smoking, and keep very on top of the development of diabetes.

Hope that was helpful,  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD

Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism, Structural and Valve Disease

Board Certification Internal Medicine and Cardiology Interventional and Structural Cardiology

Multiple Publications In High Quality Peer Reviewed Journals. Internationally Recognized.

MD from The Royal Victoria University of Manchester, England Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Research Training - University of Alabama