Heart & Cardiology/Extreme chest pain on exercise

Question
I am a 43 yo female and in the last 6 years I have suffered a range of symptoms that I suspect are POTS. The most unbearable is angina like chest pain when I exert myself such as jogging or even walking slightly uphill. The pain is almost excruciating, spreading to my neck, jaw, back and both arms. The pain resolves quickly when I stop moving. I've seen a cardiologist twice (neither of them mentioned POTS) and had many tests and they have said there is nothing wrong with my heart. I also saw a gastoenterologist to check for reflux and it was not that either. I have low blood pressure,am prone to frequent urinary tract infections and suffer from chronic constipation. I often feel faint and dizzy when I stand. Twice I've near fainted while driving. i have unpredictable periods of racing heart, often at night time when Im trying to fall asleep. But I can live with most of these symptoms, except for the exercise chest pain. It has curtailed many of my favorite activities and robs me of the endorphin rush I crave that keeps my depression at bay. I would do anything to resolve the chest pain so I can exercise hard. What is my best approach to getting rid of this pain?

Answer
Hi, http://myheart.net/pots-syndrome/

The good news is that you have had investigations for the pain to rule out dangerous causes such as coronary artery disease. The normal tests you have puts you in a low risk category as far as bad outcomes are concerned. Unfortunately you still have the pain. If you are concerned you have POTS i would strongly advise you go and see a physician experienced in this and have a formal diagnosis made. If you have POTS or some other form of dysautonomia then the symptoms may well respond to a form of treatment plan.

Hope that was helpful,  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD