Heart & Cardiology/I'm getting this fluttery feeling and it won't go away.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is this the right spot to ask this, and is its not im sorry for for wasting your time.
I'm a 17 yearold female, never had any cardiovascular issues ever. But for last 6 months I've been getting this fluttering feeling in my chest. It comes through out the day. Hardly ever when I'm standing mostly when lying down. When it happens I get this urge to cough. So wen it happens I cough a lot and then it goes away. When in laying down when it happens, when I'm trying to go to sleep it keeps happening over and over no matter how I lay. If I sit up it goes away.
I have had an EKG got it for a different reason and it came back normal.
But this fluttery feeling comes in spurts, like it'll come and go for a week, steadily getting worse then suddenly will stop. And won't be there for weeks.
I'm active I started running about 7 months ago two-three times a week, it's slowed down a lot though. I haven't run last week or the week before.
Anyways, do you know what's wrong with me? How do I make it stop?
Thank you for taking time to read this.

An EKG only records what happens at that moment, thus if you didn't have that flutter it would not record anything abnormal. Please read this:
Have you talked to your doctor?
Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

Expert opinions on cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Over 30 years experience of dealing as an expert with cardiac, thoracic and vascular diseases

Board certified cardio-thoracic surgeon