Heart & Cardiology/what is normal value?

Question
sir my heart matter echo :-( mid cavity end diastolic dimension is 5.9 cm. and end systolic dimension is 5.0 cm.)---whether this measurement near to normal or mild problematic at age 53(weight heavy)---reversible gradually?--kindly give normal value should be...

Answer

The normal end diastolic value is <55, and the normal end systolic <35-40, this can be different in people of particularly large or small size. I would first recommend you ask the physician performing the study to recheck the study and ensure the values are correct, and if they are follow up by asking what the suspected reason for heart enlargement is, and rule out things such as valve disease or other things. Depending on what the cause is, and whether the values really are high, the enlargement may be reversible although its difficult to say without specific informaition or seeing the study.

Hope that was helpful,  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD