Heart & Cardiology/Bottom of heart

I had a treadmill yesterday doctor advised the bottom of my heart is not working properly and ordered a nebular study on the treadmill again next week. Why this instead of a angiogram?

Hi William, http://myheart.net/articles/do-i-need-a-stress-test/

The treadmill test is a good screening test and based on those findings it is determined what test to do next. If the treadmill test is high risk then often an angiogram is performed. If the test in intermediate risk or indeterminate then often a nuclear scan is performed to see the need for angiography. The nuclear scan is also useful as it can provide information on the extent and nature of any abnormality and be useful in working out next treatment steps. This is standard procedure and i wouldn't worry.

Hope that was helpful,  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD

Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism, Structural and Valve Disease

Board Certification Internal Medicine and Cardiology Interventional and Structural Cardiology

Multiple Publications In High Quality Peer Reviewed Journals. Internationally Recognized.

MD from The Royal Victoria University of Manchester, England Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Research Training - University of Alabama