Heart & Cardiology/Heart palpations and chest discomfort

Hi my name is RJ and im really worried there's something wrong with my heart. I'm a 17 year old female, I've been recently been diagnosed with asthma two or thre months ago.
Anyways so for months I've been having heart palpations, I'll get them for a few weeks then they'll got away then come for a few weeks then go away. Throughout the few weeks I have them they'll get steadily worse, startin lg off onc or twice a night to randomly during the day and consistantly throughout the night. I'm constantly coughing through the day as well, but when I get the palpations my cough is much worse.
I'm fairly active im a runner, I haven't ran in couple of weeks cause of finals but I ran regularly since September.
What really concerns me now is that the palpations hurt, before they were kait uncomfortable but now sometimes they hurt. I get a pressure feelig or tighteness or my chest just feels werid. Sometimes at night when it gets really bad it gives me really bad anxiety and I 'freak out' and they hurt bad too.
And they are not going away like they are supposed too, I have undiagnosed anxiety but this is not anxiety I know my anxeity symptoms and those aren't it. I'm battling with undignosed depression as well.
I always get frequent nausea and stomach pain (I don't know if you need to know that but thought I'd mention it anyways), if I put my hand over my stomach I can feel pulsing, or sometimes I can just feel it.
I have numbness or this werid sensation in some of my fingers and my hands are cold lots.
And my cheeks and ears just feel like they are burning, which is probably my anxiety.
I hope you can help me, thank you for reading this.

Hi RJ,

Palpitations are common and in general if not associated with dizziness, prolonged timings, passing out etc they are unlikely to be very dangerous but there are a few tests i would recommend. Firstly, go see a Dr and get a history and physical to make sure there are no obvious findings such as a murmur or concerning family history, etc also to determine the need for further testing, It is reassuring that you are able to run without symptoms. I would also recommend at least a baseline EKG tracing to ensure it too is normal. If the symptoms are frequent there may be a role for more prolonged monitoring such as a holter monitor to characterize them further and provide you with reassurance.

Hope that was helpful,

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD

Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism, Structural and Valve Disease

Board Certification Internal Medicine and Cardiology Interventional and Structural Cardiology

Multiple Publications In High Quality Peer Reviewed Journals. Internationally Recognized.

MD from The Royal Victoria University of Manchester, England Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Research Training - University of Alabama