Heart & Cardiology/Heart test CRP

Question
"Hi 39 yr old male I have sinus tachy and I had 2 episodes of a fib about a year ago . Recently had a blood test ... Routine and my C reactive protein was 3.66 while the range is 0-3.00 I have had a cardiac Ct was told my score is 4. I am on norvasc 2.5 mg and Crestor 5 mg and atenolol 100 mg daily . My cholesterol 136 triglycerides 94 HDL 49 LDL 68 so all my numbers are low . Except the c reactive protein its high . What I can I do to lower it and what does it mean to be this high . The sheet says possible high rate for a cardiac event in the future . Will I have a heart attack stroke or something else? My other numbers look great . I'd like to be proactive since I'm just turning 40 soon thanks"

Answer
Your tests basically show reading within well acceptable levels, and your ct score was in the low risk range. you are treating risk factors and paying attention to detail which is excellent.

I wouldnt worry at all about the relevance of the crp, the clinical risk of that is not translatable in to a meaningful concern, besides you are on a statin already. crp is a marker and not a basis for treatment decisions.

Hope that was helpful,  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD