Heart & Cardiology/a fib??

Hi couple of weeks ago I had a stressful argument with my husband
Later on I went inside the bedroom and an episode started where I would get flatters I coughed to make them go away they wouldn't . I went to the bathroom took my bp and pulse very normal. But I thought my heart would stop. All this lasted minutes then of course i got scared and pulse went to 120.I mentioned the whole thing to a friend who said I may have had a-fib. I have hashimotos ( tsh was 0.7 at the time) and mild mr with prolapse. Will get a repeat echo in 5 days . Thanks

Hi, http://myheart.net/articles/afib-with-rvr-when-the-heart-races-out-of-control/

Atrial fibrillation is described as irregularly irregular pulse. If the beats you felt were regular and fast i doubt this was a fib. Also, its important to note, that even if you have afib it is not likely to be dangerous and is not in danger of stopping your heart. Im sure your echo will remain normal, and if you keep having episodes of the palpitations i would suggest a longer term monitor to characterize it. If this was an isolated episode i don't think you have much to worry about.

Hope that was helpful,  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD

Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism, Structural and Valve Disease

Board Certification Internal Medicine and Cardiology Interventional and Structural Cardiology

Multiple Publications In High Quality Peer Reviewed Journals. Internationally Recognized.

MD from The Royal Victoria University of Manchester, England Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Research Training - University of Alabama