Heart & Cardiology/head injury

Question
dr ahmed,this is second e-mail I have sent to you.i fell and hit side of head above right ear.ctwas normal.15 days later only symptom is slight pain on top and back of neck.headacre very mild.does this sound like bbrain bleed.held off blood thinners 6 days I have a-fib

Answer

With the use of blood thinners you may be at increased risk of problems with injury. I recommend you are checked out by a dr and ensure the mild headache is nothing to worry about. It would be odd to have the headache 15 days later and if your symptoms are serious enough then a repeat scan may be warranted to ensure stability and to rule out some form of slow bleed.

Hope that was helpful,  

Heart & Cardiology

Mustafa Ahmed MD