Heart & Cardiology/transthoratic echocardiography

Question
Good morning, I have been experiencing heart racing,palpations',chest pain and very high heart rates varying from 80-160. My blood pressure is often high sometimes 166/133 and below that. I have been on blood pressure pills sine I was 26. I'm 41 years old and not overweight.Yesterday I had my echo and at the end of it was surprised to be asked to do a bubble test. Here is what I can tell you from what I can read. My aorta root exhibited upper limits of normal.My pulmonic valve and trespid valve showed regurgitation and my atrial septum suggested pfo. I'm very concerned to these findings and hope its not much to worry about? Please help me if you can. Thank you and have a blessed day!

Answer
Hi Tina,
The bubble test was done to determine the pfo. Whether you need further treatment is something you need to discuss with your doctors. Meanwhile read this about PFOs ( pfo is a form of asd):
http://www.cardiachealth.org/ca-blog/baby-asd-and-vsd
Hope this helps,
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

doctort@cardiachealth.org