Heart & Cardiology/Question about EKG of "qrs(t) contour abnormality consistent with inferior infarct, probably old"

Question
EKG Photo
EKG Photo  
Hello, I have a question on whether or not I should go to an emergency room or just wait for my scheduled cardiologist appointment this coming Wednesday, as my PCP has instructed after he examined me and did an EKG.. Today is Saturday, so my appointment isn't for another 4 days, and I'm getting random sharp-but-cold like pains in my neck (which happens every once in a while since long before the EKG I had). The EKG is abnormal, and I wanted to have an actual cardiologist's opinion, in case there's something you might see that means it's an emergency situation.. My doc put me on Lisinopril 10mg because my blood pressure has been running very high lately (160/100).. The medicine helped a little (145/95), but it's only been 2 days since I started it, so I'm hoping it just needs time to get my BP back down to normal (125/75).. I'm also on Adderall for ADD, and have been off and on for years, so I'm concerned about how it might weigh into this situation, being it keeps my heart around 90bpm most days, until it wears off.. I'm a 33 year old male and there's a family history of heart attacks on my mom's side.. Her brother, my uncle, died at 50 years old and we all thought he was healthy as a horse because he was a gymnast when he was young and was skinny.. But he smoked very heavily.. And from what I've heard, he never went to the doctor. His father, my grandpop, died of a massive heart attack, also, at age 62.. My dad had a heart attack, but didn't know it was a heart attack until later when tests showed it.. His only symptoms were weakness and vomiting.. He is now on Lisinopril, also.. I just don't want my wife and 5 year old son to find out the hard way that I should have went to the ER instead of waiting to see a cardiologist by appointment. I've attached a photo of the copy I have of the EKG results, so you can see for yourself.. My PCP told me to bring it to my cardiologist appointment. Oh, one more detail, the nurse who did the EKG had to keep stopping and reattaching one of the sticky tab pads under my left arm because my deodorant made it hard to stay stuck.. She said it wouldn't effect the test results, but I trust a doc's opinion on that more.. The machine would beep until she reattached it, so who knows. Thanks so much for taking a look for me, and hopefully you can ease my mind with some good news.. lol.. Have a good one!

Answer
Hi Chris,
The only fact is your hypertension and lisinopril is a good starter treatment. The EKG doesn't suggest anything is wrong, other than a fast HR that can be caused by a variety of factors including anxiety and/or adderall.
I expect your cardiologist has reassured you by now.
Dr T

Heart & Cardiology

doctort@cardiachealth.org