Heart & Cardiology/Fast heart rate for hours

Dear Dr.Pearl,

I have some panic attacks in which my heart beats fast (115 beats per minute, more or less) for 7-8 continuous hours, even if I'm no longer exposed to the cause of that panic, nor thinking about it. Then it'll return to beating normally.
I've had this situation 3 times in a 2 months duration.

My question is that, are there any risks of my heart beating fast for hours? Should I be worried?
I know that I should deal with the panic first, but this increasing in heart rate is adding to my panic.

I'm a 24-year-old young lady, weighing 41 kg, non-smoker, non-drinker, and don't have any diseases or health conditions, and don't take any medicines.

Thank you very much,
Duha Mohammad

It is probably a normal fast heart beat but you should check with your personal physician to look for any underlying cause and also to consider a 24 hour monitor to hopefully confirm that it is a normal fast heart beat. It so, no treatment would be necessary.

Good luck!!!

Dr. P

Heart & Cardiology

Frank J. Pearl, M.D.

Voluntary Professor of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL. Board certified in cardiovascular disease