Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Lennox Gas Furnace Error codes - can I fix?

LarryPA wrote at 2014-01-23 15:19:15
This information is helpful.  I got Lennox error code HE228 and started to trouble shoot.  Since the ambient temp was about -3F, and I have a fairly long, sloped, but nearly horizontal line running to the exterior, I suspected that ice in the exhaust line was part of the problem.  I drained some water and checked the vent, but could not find the ice without cutting the line.  I tested/exercised my pressure switch in this manner and got the unit running.  It appeared to be stuck, and this freed it up.  Once it was running a significant quantity of water drained from the pipe, making it clear that ice had been in the exhaust line.  Thanks for your assistance in resolving this problem.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

mike newberry

I can answer most any question that has anything to do with Heating and Air conditioning repair and most plumbing questions.

25 plus years experience in building management, the last ten years as an HVAC contractor.

RSES, ACCA, Green Mechanical Council and BBB.

Associates degree in structural design and many credentialed factory schools alond with 2 semester heat pump school.

Mercer county hospital, Illinois. Rock Island County, Illinois. Mapco Express/Delek USA. Lamar Advertising. CJ Advertising. Ruby Tuesdays, Middle Tennessee. Outback Steakhouse, Middle Tennessee. Dairy Queen Corporate. Wyndham Hotels.