Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/American Standard Freedom 80 Furnace

Tom Roadster wrote at 2012-12-04 01:58:28
Found a better reason. The Gas Valve should go "Click" when the gas goes on, but this does not happen. Reason? The white electrical plug connection to the gas valve just to the right of the ON/OFF toggle switch might have a faulty circuit board connection. I found this answer through a YOUTUBE video comment. Once the ignitor starts to GLOW, push down on the white connector and a bit to the left and see if that causes the gas valve to be turned on. Mine furnace suddenly started once I did this. The solution goes on to say that you place a piece of card stock (christmas card, playing card, thicker paper) to the right of the connector so that it keeps a firm connection further down on the circuit board. I've done this to mine, and it seems to be working flawless now. American Standard Freedom 80 / 90 ignition circuit problem (9 blinks). Oh, and I also changed the Ignitor which helped as well! :-)

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart

Fifty + years conditioning the air.

Answer questions about , residential and commercial. Answer questions about sheet metal fabrication. Fifty years plus experience. No answers for oil equipment, No answers for kitchen appliances, No answers for laundry appliances, I don't specialize in one particular area of the HVAC area, I'm more of a General Practitioner, Limited in refrigeration/

Hands on since 1950