Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Armstrong Outdoor Heat Pump Cycling

Hi Jim,
I have an Armstrong Air Outdoor Heat Pump Model SHP13E42A-1A.  The outdoor unit will kick on for 1 to 2 seconds, kick off for about a minute then kick on for 1 to 2 seconds.  It will continue to behave in this manner for very long periods of time even though it is not yet cold here in my area.  It is currently 58 degrees outside and the indoor thermostat is set to 73.  The same thing happened last year and the hvac service person replaced a part that cost me close to $800.  I don't know for sure what the part is, but it was the size and shape of a pop can.  
Do you think I may have the same problem as last year with this less than year old part?
Thank You for your assistance.

In my area heat pumps are not used because we can heat with nat gas for about five times less.
I don't have any thing that I can look up a"Heat Pump Model SHP13E42A-1A." with on hand to see what it is. The pop can thing that you describe sounds like a capacitor?
I think your best bet is to call an honest service person, I think you were ripped of at $800, If you don't have any paper work that tells what the part was call the company that installed it and ask what it was, they may have a record?

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart

Fifty + years conditioning the air.

Answer questions about , residential and commercial. Answer questions about sheet metal fabrication. Fifty years plus experience. No answers for oil equipment, No answers for kitchen appliances, No answers for laundry appliances, I don't specialize in one particular area of the HVAC area, I'm more of a General Practitioner, Limited in refrigeration/

Hands on since 1950