Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Heat Pump Addition.

Question
I want to add a heat pump to my existing system. I want to keep the electric furnace and air handler, and coil...and just add the outside heat pump. I have added my equipment below. Will it work? Could you suggest a Goodman Unit? Will in actually improve my efficiency?

Electric forced air
Coleman Model EB15D
Serial # 990759503

AC

Miller by Nordyne Model S3QA-030KA
Serial # 53A010801783

34,600  10 Seer

Thanks!

Mark

Answer
The new systems that are out on the market have R-410a refrigerant in them. This will not work with your existing air handler.  If you can find a dry heatpump or a used one then it would work with the air handler so long as the tonnage is the same.  Be warned that you will likely not have any warranty if the systems are mismatched.  I am not a fan of Goodman and would make that my last choice for a system to be installed in my home.  Many like Goodman, I am just not a fan.

Craig
achelpguy@gmail.com

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert