Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Amercian Std - Freedom 80 single

Question

The furnace blower is not starting, the ignitor, gas, light blinks normal (fast), can hear the switch sound to engage the blower after the gas is turned on/ starts burning ...

Any ideas/ things to try?

Answer
Ron,
 I am not sure what you are saying.  If you are saying that the inducer motor runs, the Ignitor glows and the burner's start, but the blower (fan) does not start.....?  The first thought is the blower motor is bad.  If you have a fan switch on your thermostat and it is wired in, switch it from auto to ON.  If the blower (fan) starts and the above is true, it is either the board is bad or a wire is off or broken to the blower motor.
 If when you try the fan switch in the ON position and you hear the motor groaning it could be the capacitor.  So turn the power off to the furnace and first carefully reach in and turn the "squirell cage" that is the blower wheel the motor turns.  If it is hard to turn, then the motor has failed due to bearings, cannot be fixed unless you take it to a motor shop and wait a few days to a week ( usually) to have it rebuilt.  If it turns easy,and groans like it wants to start, you might take the capacitor to Granger ( I dont know what stores you have there to get these kind of parts) and buy a duplicate capacitor and install it.
 The capacitor is a silver can about the size of a ciggarett pack and has 2 brown wires attached that come from the blower motor.  It is held onto the outside of the blower assembly that the blower motor is mounted in by a sheet metal strap and 2 , 1/4" sheet metal screws.  It will say 5, 7.5, 10 or 12 MFD and then 370 or 440 volts.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

john t. borgman