Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/American Standard hot hair

On the heating system there is a circle and there is a red light flashing.  Should it be flashing or a steady red?

I am another expert on this site and I got this question out of our question pool.  Sometimes we get busy and drop a question in the pool for another expert to answer.  My name is John.  American Standard is actually a Trane furnace and that L.E.D is an system light.
 If the furnace has power to it ( 120 volts from the house circuit ) the red light will flash a slow steady flash like a heart beat.
 When the thermostat calls for the furnace to raise the temperature and heat the house, that red light will flash twice as fast telling you it is in the heating mode, making heat for the home.
 If you have some kind of a failure and the furnace cannot make heat for the home, the red light will flash a "code" with either 2 flashes, then a pause.
3 flashes then a pause.
4 flashes then a pause

Up to 5 or 6 flashes and then a pause, over and over again.  after it fails to heat 3 times in a row, the light starts flashing and the furnace "locks out for 2 to 3 hours and will not even try and heat.
 Then it will try again 3 times.  Then most furnace of today will then lock out every 3 to 4 hours or lock out till someone does something to re-set it or repair it.
 There is a LEDGER on the door of the furnace that explains what I wrote here and states what each one of the 2,3,4,5 flashes means.  Example.......3 flashes then pause, might say Limit switch.  That could be a really clogged air filter.
 What I am explaining is......if you lose heat, look at the light, write down the number of flashes, read what the ledger says and then call a heating service company.  There are a few things (like the filter I mentioned) that if you do that, the tech might be able to get you heat over the phone and might even save you a hundred dollar service call.
 Hope that answers your question

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

john t. borgman

I am in Portland Oregon at Ben's heating 503-233-1779. I work days, so I can only answer early in the day or later in the evening. I only answer public questions for residential equipment. I am very well versed in gas, electric and heat pumps and will only answer residential applications. I have been known the past decade or so, by my employers as the guy you send when no one can figure it out. Trouble shooting is my special. I understand the physics behind air flow, refrigerants and electricity. I understand programmable t-stats, zone controls, economizers, fossil fuel kits and the engineering thought process in the wiring and construction of residential equipment

I was lucky enough to start in this field almost 30 years ago as an installer, for a company that installed the best duct systems I have ever seen, even to this day. The best ,as far as understanding the way air really flows through a duct system, from the return air to the very last supply register . They also had great pride and the duct work was put in, not only to last 50 years, but to look exceptional. Then as I started doing service work, I was again fortunate that I found a 3 year engineering class being put on be a man that was the educational director for the Entire united states for a society called " the Refrigeration Service Engineering Society " And for the next 3 years I schooled at night and practiced what I learned during the day, a great advantage over schooling and then trying to remember it years later.. Versed in duct design manual J heat gain/loss calculations.

Refrigeration Service Engineer's Society

I have 2 inventions that have gone through the process and been recorded at the National Institute of Standards and Technology from start to finish and thus been invited to national innovation workshops by the dept. of Commerce and the dept. of Energy. They are waste heat recovery devices that N.I.S.T approved as valid and am currently looking for marketing partners to get this product into the hands of consumers and make a BIG difference in Energy savings for every Household and Eatery and take a big bite in the the peak hours power consumption that face our Utilities companies.

factory training in Lennox ,Rheem, Ruud ,Trane, Tempstar ,Carrier, Day&Night, Payne, Bryant, Coleman, Intertherm, York, Goodman, Ultra boilers, Unico, Mitsubishi,Sanyo, Taylor, Nicewonger, Navien. Associates degree in Refrigeration Engineering. Certified with Energy Department, Check-me Program, P.T.C.S (performance tested comfort systems ), have N.A.T.E. certifications in gas, a/c & heat pump.