Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/cold storage using nitrogen as regrigerant

Latest technology use nitrogen as a regrigerant, can you please inform me how it works, or lead me to a site where i can learn more about it. Thank You.

I deal mainly with residential, but nitrogen is sometimes used (incorrectly) as a "filler" for refrigerant systems that have a slow leak to make up for the lost refrigerant. Nitrogen is an inert gas that has NO refrigerant properties (that I know of).

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Carl Goodwin

I am a self-employed Major Appliance Service Technician. I can answer MOST major appliance questions, and I will only tell you the CORRECT way to fix something (as I would in my customer's house). Some models are not available in Canada however (and vise-versa), and although "a dryer is a dryer" (for example), I am more familiar with North American models. Remember, I HAVEN'T seen EVERYTHING, and it's sometimes really difficult to diagnose problems just by a description in a letter. I try my best though. :)

I have been a Technician in the Major Appliance field since 1995, after I graduated from Lambton College in Sarnia, Ontario, in which I took the Major Appliance Repair Technician Program. I have been self-employed since 1998, and cover most major brands. I am an authorized servicer for Whirlpool Canada.

I belong to the Southwestern Ontario Better Business Bureau, and am a registered contractor with T.S.S.A. (The Technical Standards & Safety Authority regulate gas fitters and the fuels industry). By law, you MUST be registered as a contractor with T.S.S.A. to repair ANY gas appliance in Ontario.

I graduated from the Major Appliance Repair Program at Lambton College in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. I have obtained my Certificate of Accreditation from The Canadian Electronic & Appliance Service Association in 1997, and my Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario Government in 2000. I am also a Licensed Gas Fitter (G2).