Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Furnace Issue

Question
I have an approximately 20 year old Intertherm furnace with an issue.  Previously it wasn't lighting up and I got the Gas Valve replaced and installed a new programmable thermostat but alas there is still once problem.  

So basically if the furnace is off and I switch the thermostat to HEAT, the electronic ignitor will light up, the gas valve opens, the gas ignites, the flame stays on and the furnace heats up until the thermostat reaches the programmed temperature.  After reaching the temperature the furnace fan goes off, the gas stops and the house is warm.  

The problem is that when the thermostat shows the temperature has dropped below the programmed temperature, the furnace is not re-igniting...I'm not sure why the furnace won't re-ignite or what is happening exactly.  If I go to the thermostat and see the temperature is below the programmed temperature and switch it off, then turn it back onto HEAT after 5 seconds, then the electronic ignitor will light up, gas turns on and fires up no problem.  It's just not automatically kicking in again when the temperature drops below the temperature I've programmed.  

Any thoughts as to what might be causing the furnace not to kick in after dropping below the designated thermostat temperature?

Answer
Thank you for your request.  Unfortunately our expertise is with Major Home Appliances only.  This would include washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwasher, ranges and ovens.  If you need help with any of these appliances, feel free to submit another request.  For your problem, please request assistance from a AllExpert with experience in the HVAC service field.  If you ever need assistance with Major Home Appliances feel free to come back and initiate another request.  Visit our Website at http://www.affordableappliance.com or email us directly at sales@affordableappliance.com

Thank You for your request,
Eric & Ann Campion

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion