Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/GE Gas Furnace

Question
I have the gas valve in the on position but there is no gas coming through.  What can be the problem other than a bad gas valve?

Answer
Hello Marvin. I am not sure at what point in the cycle you are checking, but if it has a standing pilot, the pilot controls the opening of the main valve as it has to " Prove " there is a pilot before it will open. If it has an electronic ignition, again the glow coil has to be energized to light off the gas when the valve opens and this also determines when the valve opens. Hope this helps, let me know the type of ignition it has and we can diagnose further. Thanks J

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

J Cook