Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/GE Gas Furnace

I have the gas valve in the on position but there is no gas coming through.  What can be the problem other than a bad gas valve?

Hello Marvin. I am not sure at what point in the cycle you are checking, but if it has a standing pilot, the pilot controls the opening of the main valve as it has to " Prove " there is a pilot before it will open. If it has an electronic ignition, again the glow coil has to be energized to light off the gas when the valve opens and this also determines when the valve opens. Hope this helps, let me know the type of ignition it has and we can diagnose further. Thanks J

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

J Cook

With 25+ years experience, I am familiar with residential, commercial, and industrial HVAC equipment including but not limited to boilers, chillers, reciprocating and screw compressors. I am trained in all manners of control wiring.

I currently have three HVAC licenses and Refrigeration license by the State of North Carolina. I have been in this field for over twenty years. I have been a service technician for a contractor and also worked at a state college in the repair and maintenance of steam lines and equipment. I am currently the Building Maintenance Superintendent for a municipality.