Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Heat pump fan will not turn off

Question
I have an older Rheem. I replaced the blower relay today. The heat warms up great. The air is cold. The problem area is when the heat cuts off at the desired heat level, the blower still is not cutting off. The only way it cuts off is if I turn the thermostat to the off setting or the breaker on the unit in the basement. Im wondering if the thermostat is bad or another part in the unit downstairs. Any help is appreciated MUCH. Mike

RHEEM MODEL UBHA1J10SURA  APPROXIMATELY 95 MODEL TO MY KNOWLEDGE THIS IS WHEN THE HOUSE WAS BUILT.

Answer
First, I want to bring this to your attention...I am not sure if this is still valid or applies to you...

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml99/99061.html

I do not know what your wiring is for the unit and what kind of t-stat you have.  It going to require a volt meter and some troubleshooting to determine the cause. Does the unit have a control board in it?  Is the t-stat digital?

Craig
achelpguy@gmail.com

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert