Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Installation of new fridge, copper waterline water kit and filters

Question

I am having my old 15 yr. old fridge replaced.
My old fridge has a copper water line installed from under the sink to the back of the fridge.  Under the sink is also a filter that connects to the copper water line.  I have never replaced the filter nor have I used the water line for about 4 years.
The new fridge has inside its own replaceable water filter.
1: Do I need the filter at all that is under the sink since the new fridges come with their own filters? If old filter not needed, can I remove the old filter and re-connect the old copper tube or should I just leave the old filter? 2: Do I need to replace the old copper with a new Copper kit anyway with a new fridge?   3: Should I also purchase a stainless steel waterline to connect to the copper line and than 2 the new fridge for when I pull out to clean?
Thank you

Answer
You'll probably need to replace the old line anyway-as soon as you touch it it will start to leak! You'll find that you will probably need to contact a plumber to remove the old line (it is probably a "saddle-valve", and that too will leak when you disturb it).

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Carl Goodwin