Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Rheem gas forced air furnace

Question
Have 25+ year old Rheem forced air gas furnace. It heats fine, but after running awhile only the draft motor runs, and the heat does not work again until I power-cycle the entire unit.  THIS ONLY HAPPENS SOMETIMES.  Often the heat cyles on and off just fine.

Other info: Spark ignition - Honeywell S8610U module.
Burners are fully visible.

I tried setting the blower to full on when the problem was happening (instead of auto) and it made no difference. Power-cycling the entire furnace again caused the burners to light, and just about instantly.

Again this problem is intermittent.  But I'd like a solution.

Answer
The fact your furnace is working is good, considering the mess up there right now.  The problem can be any number of things from a safety kicking out to a control board not wanting to work properly all of the time.  A power down to reset normally leads to a lock out fault.  That can be from a flame failure, flame rollout or even overheating.  Look to see if the control board has a flashing light.  When it trips the light will blink to indicate why it shut down.

Craig
achelpguy@gmail.com

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert