Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Carrier HVAC Unit

I live in a two story home built in 1998 with one Carrier unit Model FA4ANF060. I have had problems, in the winter, with the blower being stuck on multiple times. I have one thermostat downstairs, and one upstairs. Two dampers. I replaced one of the dampers two years ago because the HVAC technician said it was bad. But I am still having problems with the unit being stuck 'on' when trying to heat two zones. I usually set the downstairs around 70 deg F, and the upstairs at 74 during the night time, but I have awoken in the morning with the upstairs temperature of over 80 deg F.  Besides installing another unit, what other problems could be occuring.

I am not sure what you mean by stuck on, as the unit is on when heating...  

It seems the problem really lies in the zone controller.  With a mutli-zone system, there is a zone control that makes everything do what it needs to do.  It does not appear replacing the system is the solution at this time.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.