Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Forced air furnace / cold air return

Question
Hello,

My furnace sits in a finished off work / storage area.  The room has no cold air return.  This room seems to be warmer than the rest of the rooms in the lower level of our home.  Should this room have a cold air return?  Should I put a vent in the cold air return heading back to the furnace?

Thanks for any help!

Kevin

Answer
Kevin there are several things to consider. If you put a vent in the return, is the unit filtered at the unit? If not this air will not be filtered and eventually make the indoor coil dirty, but if the filter is in the unit this will be fine to do. Second, is the room uncomfortable and do you need more heat in other areas? If so to either adding a return in this room will help with both areas. Hope this helps, Thanks J

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

J Cook