Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/forced heat/ac unit

Question
I have a weather king which is 16yrs. old. And whether you have a/c or heat on either auto or on when it hits it set tempature the in house unit shuts-off but the outside fans keep going, is that normal? I mean my electric runs the whole time its on I have to turn it off myself. I had someone in and they said to replace to whole thing very expensive. It works great other than that.Its like the inside unit is not signaling to outside its hit its set temp. any help will be appreciated.

Answer
The issue sounds like a bad relay or maybe a defrost board.  Your unit might be in need of replacing, but repairing the issue with the fan should not be a big deal.  The fan running issue does not scream replace the entire system to me.

Craig
achelpguy@gmail.com

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert