Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/replacing thermostat

Question
mobile home intertherm electric furnace and a/c.trying to replace the miller thermostat with a new dayton thermostat. on the old miller the lugs are marked rh rc rh gets red and a red jumper to rc w gets white a2 gets brown g gets green. on the dayton the lugs are marked c rh rc w y g seems i am short a wire, the miller works off of 4 wires the dayton requires 5 do i just have the wrong thermostat i cant find an exact replacement.

Answer
The game changer for you is the C term.  The C term is the common/neutral wire.  Not all stats that have the C term need it connected for it to work.  You need to determine if what you are trying to install needs it to work. I can not determine that without a model number or more info on the new stat.

Craig
achelpguy@gmail.com

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert