Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/want to have manual fan control on furnace

Question
furnace wiring
furnace wiring  

thermostat
thermostat  
Craig
I have a Carrier 58BV100-2B furnace, no AC and a HOneywell RTH230B Thermostat. I want to have manual fan control to ventilate and filter the air. Attached are wiring diagrams for both. 3 wire heating sketch #2.3.3 and the wiring diagram by Carrier is what I have to work with. However the Furnace diagram does not indicate a heat relay as on the thermostat, but does indicate a connection between the "heat relay" and the transformer symbol. My furnace does not have a heat relay. Note the furnace diagram shows a relay with cross line thru it. Is that significant? Can this be wired for manual fan control at all?

Answer
Connecting a wire from the G on the stat to the G in the unit should allow you to turn the fan on using the fan function on the t-stat.  It might be possible the unit is not currently wired as the diagram, which would then require a bit of troubleshooting to get this working as you want them to.

Craig
achelpguy@gmail.com

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert