Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/York heat pump fan will not shut off

About ten days ago my air handler fan started staying on no matter what mode the unit is in. The only to stop it is to shut off the main power. Since I previously had trouble with the control board getting wet and shorting out, I checked and sure enough, it had been wet. I ordered a new one, installed it and the same happens, fan on, no heat. It is a six year old York model:B2HP042A06A.

I am at a loss, I can not find a wiring diagram or a IOM for the unit.  I am not sure if the fan is connected to the control board or if the control board controls a relay.  

1.  The new control board is bad out of the box.
2   The relay is stuck closed, keeping the fan on.
3.  The t-stat or wiring between is an issue.  Disconnect the control wiring at the unit and  see if the fan stops.
4.  Attach a picture of the wiring diagram that might be attached to the unit or in an IOM you have for the unit so I can see how the unit works.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.